This year we are launching a Forest School club for Key Stage 1 children. This will be an exciting after school club where children will complete a range of different activities which aim to build self-esteem and confidence. Forest School is an inspirational process, that offers ALL learners regular opportunities to achieve through hands-on learning experiences in a woodland or natural environment with trees.
When participating in Forest School all participants are viewed as:
- equal, unique and valuable
- competent to explore & discover
- entitled to experience appropriate risk and challenge
- entitled to choose, and to initiate and drive their own learning and development
- entitled to experience regular success
- entitled to develop positive relationships with themselves and other people
- entitled to develop a strong, positive relationship with their natural world
We will be completing a range of activities based on our natural surrounding from art work to collecting wood to build fires.